- I head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 3 tablespoons Partanna Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Castelvetrano green olives, pitted and chopped
- 4 sundried tomatoes
- 1 pound Pasta Vietri Orecchiette
- zest of 1 lemon, plus 2 teaspoons juice
- 1 cup Aged Parmigiano-Reggiano DOP
- Salt, pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly oil a shallow roasting pan, spread cauliflower over pan, sprinkle top with more olive oil. Roast in oven until tender, about 20 minutes.
Cover sundried tomatoes with hot water; when soft, slice into thin slivers.
When cauliflower is tender, drain and cool slightly. Heat a sauté pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute, making sure the garlic doesn’t burn. Add the cauliflower and turn to cover with oil. Add the slivered sundried tomatoes and olives. Turn off heat.
Heat a large pot of salted water to boil, and add orecchiette. Cook until al dente, just tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking liquid. Toss together the cauliflower sauce and orechiette, sprinkle with zest and lemon juice. Add 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano, remaining olive oil, and a little pasta water if mixture seems dry.