Nutella jumps from the breakfast and the lunch box into a dreamy dessert!!
- 2 tablespoons Nutella Hazelnut Spread
- 4 generous tablespoons Polenghi Mascarpone
- 2 slices of egg bread, such as Brioche. Challah, or Pannetone
- 1-2 tablespoons Delitia Butter of Parma
- Powdered sugar
- Sliced strawberries for garnish
- Cinnamon (optional)
Preheat skillet or panini press over medium heat. Generously butter one side of a slice of bread. Spread Nutella on other side. Place bread butter-side-down onto skillet bottom. Butter a second slice of bread on one side, spread with Mascarpone. Sprinkle cinnamon if desired, and place butter-side-up on top of sandwich. Grill until lightly browned and flip over; continue grilling until bread is golden. Remove from pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with sliced strawberries.
This dessert adaptation of grilled cheese came from a Seattle blog Sweet and Saucy.