Give a classic cookie an Italian edge with chocolate kissed by sea salt
- 1 cup Delitia Butter of Parma (2 packages) or 2 sticks unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats or quick-cooking oats
- 1 bar (3.5 ounces) Gardini Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt, chopped into very small pieces, little bigger than chips
- 1 cup hazelnuts, skinned and chopped
In the bowl of a standing mixer or with a sturdy hand-held mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Add the sugars, and continue beating until the mixture is fluffy and light-colored. Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly between additions. Add vanilla and mix. In a separate bowl, add baking powder, baking soda, and salt to flour and stir. Add all at once to butter-egg mixure and on lowest setting mix until smooth. Add oats and mix on lowest setting. Then with a wooden spoon, add chocolate bits and hazelnuts. Mix thoroughly.
Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough into balls and place 9-12 balls on each cookie sheet. If only one sheet fits into your oven, place other sheet in refrigerator while first bakes. Recipe makes about 48 cookies.