This recipe was developed for Halloween, but its colorful components fit into any season.
- 3 tablespoons Olio Carli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound sea scallops, dry-packed (should be about 16-18 scallops)
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 4-5 tablespoons Selezioni Tartufi Black Truffle Sauce
Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan until oil shimmers. Add scallops, and brown well on one side over high heat, about 4 minutes. Turn scallops, reduce heat to medium-high, and add garlic. Saute until scallops are browned on second side and garlic is golden. Remove scallops and garlic to a plate. Add wine and thyme leaves, and deglaze pan and reduce liquid for about 2-3 minutes. Place 3-4 scallops on each plate, spoon deglazing liquid and garlic on top. Then top each scallop with scant teaspoon of Truffle Sauce. Surround the scallops with Orange Peppers with Anchovies on one side, and on the other, Cara Nonna Squid Ink Spaghetti.
BRAISED ORANGE PEPPERS WITH ANCHOVIES
- 8 Scalia Anchovies Fillets, packed in oil, drained and patted dry
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons Olio Carli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Delitia Butter of Parma
- 3 large or 4 medium orange bell peppers, quartered, stems and seeds removed
Chop anchovies and garlic together until fine. Heat olive oil and butter in a saute pan, and add anchovy-garlic mixture. Cook, stirring constantly until garlic is golden. Reduce heat to low and add peppers stirring to coat. Simmer over low heat, stirring often to baste the peppers, for about 20 minutes until peppers are tender. If the peppers begin to stick, cover the pan for a few minutes, and then remove lid and continue cooking.